String selection can be as important as your choice of tennis racquet. We have an extensive selection of strings and can advise the optimum tension to meet any player's needs.
Ask yourself :
- Are you a hard hitter and could use more control?
- Could you use use more power?
- Do you break strings easily?
- When was the last time you had your racquet restrung?
- Are you having any arm pain?
- Does your racquet feel dead on impact?
String, like most other tennis equipment, should be specific to your playing style and what’s important to you such as power, durability, control, and comfort. There are 3 basic types of string and each has some variation:
Poly – A very stiff string designed for durability, spin, and control.
Multifilament – A soft string designed like a phone cable with lots of smaller filaments. The elasticity provides a lot of power and a very nice feel but, because it is a softer string, it is not as durable and doesn't maintain tension as well as poly.
Natural Gut – Made from the intestines of cow, this natural string provides superior feel, power, and tension maintenance.
47 1/2 Main Street